Skip to main content

The information listed below is offered in a list format, alphabetical by agency or organization name. You will need to go through every entry and read program descriptions to determine if you might meet eligibility criteria.


Resources for Non-medical Financial Assistance

Federal & State Agencies

  • The Administration on Aging (AOA) is the principal agency of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services designated to carry out the provisions of the Older Americans Act of 1965 (OAA)

  • Tel: 303-866-2800 TTY# 303-866-2850

    Financial assistance is provided to persons with disabilities who meet eligibility criteria within the county they reside.

  • Tel: 303-866-5700

    Statewide agency devoted to providing human service programs including, but not limited to, Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), Aid to the Needy and Disabled (AND), Old-Age Pension (OAP), the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), Lifeline, and Colorado Works - Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)

  • Tel: 303-866-5981 TTY# 303-866-6293

    Colorado focuses on two program components. One of the program sections is designed to support stability through benefits and services and the other has a focus on stability through employment. The telephone numbers provided are for the Colorado Department of Human Services.

  • Provides information for individuals about whether they may qualify for federal benefit programs.

  • Tel: 303-866-2800 TTY# 303-866-2850

    This Colorado Department of Human Services program provides a variety of services to persons who are aged 60 and over who are in need of assistance with daily activities of living primarily because of functional impairments. Participants receive services through local providers of services and Area Agencies on Aging.

  • Tel: 800-782-0721

    The Lifeline program has provided a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers.

  • Tel: 303-825-8750

    LEAP will provide home heating assistance to needy households in Colorado.

  • Tel: 303-866-2800 TTY# 303-866-2850

    The Old Age Pension (OAP) program provides financial assistance and may provide medical benefits for low-income adults age 60 or older who meet basic eligibility requirements.

  • Tel: 720-932-3000 TTY# 720-932-3110

    The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (“HCV”) Program is a federal program that provides rental assistance to very low-income families (i.e. families with incomes below 50 percent of area median income).

  • Tel: 800-772-1213 TTY# 800-325-0778

    The Social Security Administration is a federal program that pays benefits under two programs: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Links directly to these programs are provided on this page.

  • Tel: 800-772-1213

    SSDI pays benefits to you and certain members of your family if you are "insured" meaning that you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.

  • Tel: 800-772-1213

    SSI is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes). It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people who have little or no income and it provides cash to meet basic financial needs for food, clothing and shelter.

  • Tel: 303-866-3122

    SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities (Formerly called Food Stamps).

  • Tel: 303-318-9000 or 1-800-894-7730

    Unemployment insurance provides temporary and partial wage replacement to workers who have become unemployed through no fault of their own.

Resources for Non-medical Financial Assistance

Community Organizations

  • Tel: 303-331-7733

    The Alexander Foundation provides financial assistance to the LGBT community of Colorado. They provide assistance to those individuals who are experiencing temporary financial difficulties. Community Assistance is intended for immediate needs such as rent, security deposits, medical expenses, food, clothing, utility bills, and other basic living expenses.

  • 1-800-ACS-2345 National Office
    303 776-2875 Longmont
    719-636-5101 Colorado Springs
    303-758-2030 Denver
    970-226-0148 Fort Collins
    970-242-9593 Grand Junction
    970-356-9727 Greeley
    970-247-0278 Durango
    719-543-2824 Pueblo

  • An online service developed by the National Council on Aging that helps older adults and seniors find benefits that may pay for some of their costs of prescription drugs, health care, utilities, and other essential items or services. Fill out our simple questionnaire to find programs that can assist you or your loved one

  • Tel: 800-813-HOPE (800-813-4673)

    Cancer Care is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to provide free professional help to people with all cancers through counseling, education, information, referral and direct financial assistance.

  • Provides a list of resources available by state.

  • Tel: 303-742-0828

    Catholic Charities works with individuals, families, and communities to meet their needs, eliminate oppression, and build a just and compassionate society. Catholic Charities helps people of all faiths, providing services exclusively in Colorado from Metro Denver to Northern Colorado and the Western Slope.

  • This site is meant to be a helpful guide to the broad range of support resources for people diagnosed with breast cancer and those who care for them.

  • Tel: 720-633-7860

    Breast cancer survivors in the seven-county Denver Metro Area are eligible to apply for financial assistance for basic needs.

  • Tel: 719-636-1916

    Considered an outreach extension for the community, ESM responds to the emergency social service needs of low-income, homeless and unemployed individuals and families in Colorado Springs.

  • Tel: 303-442-3042

    EFAA has two programs that provide aid to meet basic needs and promote financial stability and self-sufficiency for families with children whose needs cannot adequately be met by other means. EFAA serves families in Boulder and Broomfield counties. The Food & Financial Assistance Programs provide assistance with food, rent, utility bills, minor medical expenses, transportation, furniture, and case management services. The Emergency & Transitional Housing Programs operates shelters for families in need. Shelters in Boulder, Longmont, and Lafayette provide an average of seven weeks of housing and services. For families needing longer than seven weeks of support, EFAA offers a transitional housing program in Boulder and Lafayette.

  • Tel: 303-798-2342

    Provides financial assistance with food, clothing, medical expenses, day care, dental expenses. Requires a third party referral.

  • Tel: 970-667-4939

    Serving individuals in Loveland and Berthoud, the organization helps people to become self-sustaining through emergency services. They provide food, clothing, household items, help with prescriptions, utility assistance, emergency shelter, transportation, and other miscellaneous supplies.

  • Tel: 303-789-0501

    Inter-Faith Community Services provides basic human services and enrichment programs to low-income people in Arapahoe and northern Douglas counties using community resources. We foster self-sufficiency and respect the dignity of each client.

  • Tel: 303-597-5000

    Common household tasks can become major challenges for men and women undergoing cancer treatment. Another Pair of Hands offers in-home help and case management services. Services are on a sliding-fee scale based on income.

  • The Male Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC) website is a collection of foundations, male survivors sharing their journeys and various medical professionals all coming together to bring awareness to male breast cancer.

  • Fort Collins Tel: 970-484-7498 Loveland Tel: 970-663-4163

    Neighbor to Neighbor opens doors and advances lives by preventing homelessness and foreclosure and by providing stable housing and education to all Larimer County residents.

  • Tel: 719-275-0089

    Orchard of Hope provides financial assistance for local individuals and organizations. Help is provided for transportation to and from medical appointments, prosthetics, wigs, and much more.

  • Tel: 719-473-8890

    Partners in Housing (PIH) is a program supported by area churches, synagogues, businesses, and volunteers to provide transitional housing and comprehensive social services to potentially or presently homeless families with children. The services are located in El Paso County, but an applicant need not live in El Paso County to apply.

  • Tel: 800-296-1217 HELPLINE

    The National Patient Travel Center provides information about all forms of charitable, long-distance medical transportation and provides referrals to all appropriate sources of help available in the national charitable medical transportation network.

  • Tel: 303-830-0202

    Delivers nutritious meals to improve quality of life, at no cost, for those coping with life-threatening illnesses.

  • Tel: 720-300-2095

    The foundation helps lessen the daily burdens and financial struggles experienced by every cancer patient. The foundation will assist with short-term responsibilities of daily living as a primary focus and will also work to improve the financial and mental well-being of cancer patients in treatment.

  • Tel: 720-229-0303

    RMCA provides emergency financial assistance to pay for basic needs such as: housing, food, utilities, transportation and other non-medical living expenses. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements and applications will only be accepted from a referring medical care provider. This aid is available to any Colorado patient with any type of cancer.

  • Rural Communities Resource Center

    Tel: 970-345-2225

    The RCRC provides emergency help with rent, utilities, prescription costs, transportation, interpretation (Spanish-English), advocacy with clinics and billing departments, and food via local food banks. Services are for residents of Yuma and Washington Counties.

  • Tel: 303-861-4833

    Emergency financial assistance is available for individuals in crisis for housing, food, utilities, and other items as needed. Salvation Army also has several adult housing programs.

  • Tel: 303-238-8151

    Services are provided in Jefferson, Denver, Adams, Gilpin, Clear Creek, and Park Counties.

  • Tel: 970-479-8595

    The VBCAG strives to ease the financial and emotional burdens endured by women in Eagle County who are battling breast cancer.

Resources for Medical Care

  • Tel: 303-866-2693

    Breast cancer treatment funds are being distributed through the Medicaid office. Women must meet specific qualifications.

  • Tel: 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227) or 410-786-3000

    CMS is the government organization that administers the Medicare, Medicaid and Child Health Insurance programs. The website offers information about these programs and other projects. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Regional Office 303-844-4024 TTY# 303-844-0817 State Medical Assistance Office 800-221-3943 or 303-866-3513, TTY# 303-866-3305

  • Tel: 303-866-3513

    Services include, and are not limited to emergency care, inpatient care, outpatient care and prescription drugs.

  • Tel: 1-866-692-2600

    The program provides breast and cervical cancer screening (mammograms, clinical breast exams, Pap tests and pelvic exams) and selected diagnostic services at 120 sites. These exams are provided free of charge to uninsured or underinsured, low income women 40-64 years of age, with emphasis on women age 50 to 64. Special priority is placed upon screening women of color, women with disabilities, lesbians and hard to reach urban and rural women.

  • Tel: 303-730-1313

    Doctors Care is a nonprofit organization that provides health care based on a person's ability to pay. It covers underinsured adults and children in South Metro Denver. You must qualify to participate. Doctors Care is NOT an insurance company.

  • Tel: 970-225-6200

    The mission of Hope Lives is to ensure that women undergoing breast cancer treatment in Northern Colorado receive complete post-diagnosis support and care needed to complement their medical treatment.

  • The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need for free or nearly free.

  • This website provides a variety of important information.

  • Tel: 800-827-1000; TTY# 800-829-4833

    Eligible veterans and their dependents may receive cancer treatment at a Veterans Administration Medical Center.